Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 6- Overcoming the cravings

Monday's cravings continued on in my dreams. It's a sad thing to admit but yes, I had a dream of enjoying a lovely cheese pizza. When I awoke on Tuesday morning I was more amused than annoyed. The whole idea of dreaming about food is very sad. Unfortunately, I am quickly becoming aware of the very intertwined relationship I have with food. I have to wonder if everyone has the same reaction to food? For me it's more than just nourishment, but an actual enjoyment. I realize that food is a very primary and primal need; and our reactions to food can be tied to a number of items: Social Needs, Personal Needs and Primal Needs. We need food to survive, the type and quantity of food is dictated by our personal desires and our societal expectations of what we can and can not eat. It leads one to really evaluate food and it's purpose in our lives.

I found a great lunch option: Alon's bakery and cafe. I have often times visit Alon's for fresh bread or great desserts but never for lunch. They have a number of great lunch options to fit any dietary need- include the restrictive needs of a vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment